0 to 4+
Starting from the 12 week scan, we can pre-plan an educational road map dependent upon the gender of the baby. Consultations can be arranged to discuss;
- Suitable nurseries, dependent on the location of your UK place of residence.
- Suitable pre-prep and prep schools, dependent on location of your UK place of residence.
- How best to complete applications to nurseries, pre-prep and prep schools considering any time constraints related to the application.
7+ to 11+
Between the ages of 7 and 11 years, we can help prepare your child for entry via the 7+, 8+, 9+, 10+, 11+ and 11+ pre-tests, dependent on the schools for which you are applying. We are also well placed to provide advice concerning occasional places that some schools may offer.
Your child will be assessed by our team of specialist independent school teachers, focusing on Mathematics, English, Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning. These assessments can be provided as a stand-alone service for both international and UK children whose parents may wish to gauge, independently, the overall academic performance level of their child’s current school, compared to that in other high-achieving schools.
The 13+ entry is a crucial year for several children, mainly boys, who have successfully passed the 11+ Pre-Tests to join either boarding or day schools. By combining our own assessment results and the child’s school reports, we are able to identify those more challenging subjects and, with the help of our specialist teachers, support students to succeed. The 13+ entry covers ten subjects; our specialist team of teachers enables London Scholars to cater for all subjects.
London Scholars prides itself on the availability of ex-Headmasters, ex-Headmistresses and ex-Registrars to coach in Interview techniques and interview practice.
We would recommend allocating at least 12 months to prepare for entrance examinations to help minimise the impact of exam stress and anxiety.
GCSE & A Levels
This service is aimed at International and London students reaching their full potential, with the support of our team of experts. We aid pupils in both GCSE and A-Level training with our specialist teachers in all subject areas.
- Advice regarding both day schools, boarding schools and sixth form colleges.
- Specialist teachers in all subject areas.
- Guidance on exam practice for specific exam boards.
- Access to numerous past exam papers in all subjects.
- Intensive classes one-to-one in our offices, or via Skype / FaceTime.
The International Baccalaureate
Is a two-year educational programme and can be chosen in lieu of A Level Qualifications, offered in many independent schools across the UK. The programme provides an internationally accepted qualification for entry into higher education and is recognised by many universities worldwide. We have teachers available on request to support studies and qualifications.
- Advice regarding schools, both day and boarding.
- Exam requirements as international pupils.
- Intensive classes.
UK / USA University Preparation & Applications
- Advice on the application process for USA entry.
- Exam preparation for USA entry.
- Personal statement preparation for both UK and USA entry.
- Advice concerning UCAS and Oxbridge application process.
- Exam preparation for aptitude testing – for UK entry.
- Interview techniques and practice.
London Scholars is an education consultancy which, by means of rigorous recruiting practice, appoints only highly experienced professional teachers and tutors who are each committed to:
- Facilitating a safe, caring, supportive and good-humoured learning environment.
- Respecting every child, as an individual, with fairness and propriety.
- Promoting and nurturing academic rigour and a life-long enthusiasm for learning.
- Developing a child’s strengths allowing their full potential to be reached.
- Encouraging personal as well as academic development.
- Preparing each child for successful entry into the right school, at the right time.
- Valuing parents as partners in the education process.
If you would like more information or to arrange an initial consultation, please contact:
Phone number: 020 3475 9850
Unit 22.1 Coda Studios
189, Munster Road